Thursday, July 28, 2011

What a Wedding! 7/7/2011

Our civil marriage was planned for 12:30 pm and yet I ended up almost an hour late. I still say it was not my fault! I won't say whose fault it was because that would be mean, but it was not my fault. The day started out fine but things just went wrong at the hairdressers. Apparently no one was paying attention to the time and when the hairdresser actually started working on my hairdo it was already 12:20! Needless to say, the hairdo I ended up with did not look like the one in the picture I had chosen. While he worked on my hair Lucas's aunt Alicia, who was helping me get ready for the wedding, started in on my make-up. I watched horrified as she smeared on a color much too dark for me. I told her I had my own "white girl" make-up but she insisted that once she put a cream over the concealer it would lighten up. There was nothing I could do. I was hardly satsified with the way I looked but I was running late and hardly had time to think about it. When I was finally finished we rushed home and I changed as fast as I could into my wedding dress, which really wasnt that fast thanks to a daily diet of hot chocolate and cookies! After alot of sucking in, tugging and pulling I was in the dress. In short, I arrived late to my wedding looking like a strange white version of Snooki from the Jersey Shore, with a strange 80's hairdo and an orange tan. However strange I looked, Lucas was very happy to see me there. As soon as I was by his side he said, "I thought you had changed your mind!"
Poor guy!
Then came the ceromony. I was a little nervous during the ceremony mostly because they told me that if I didn't understand what the Judge said to me I wouldn't be able to get married. But I understood just fine and said yes at the right moment. After the ceromony we had a nice family lunch, cut the cake and opened presents. Other than one crazy morning my wedding day went very well.



















No comments:

Post a Comment